Monday, December 6, 2010

brave boy...

This little man got his tonsils out on Monday last week.  It's been up and down since; but mostly up.  He's done really well considering.  A couple of bad mornings though when he ran a low-grade fever and complained that his "mouth hurt".  I can't wait to have my happy go-lucky Liam back!  BUT -NO MORE SNORING!~ yeah!  Here he is in the waiting room giving me a 'thumbs up' for surgery.



The staff at Ogden Regional was so great.  They gave him a new bear and kitty stuffed animal (before going in for surgery) which he has not let go of since ...and a goodie bag of coloring books and activities afterwards and a new blanket to take home. 
He was only in the Hospital for 2 hours following surgery. Big change from the overnight stay that used to be the 'norm'.  Daddy came by to see him...

And so did Grandma Sharon - with a present! Thanks Mom.  Liam felt oodles of love during this not-so-fun time.  My question is ...his voice has changed, definitely a high-pitched tone; am I to assume this is permanent?  One of Ruby's little friends has this same squeaky voice..wondering if he's had his tonsils removed also.


5 comments:

The Close's Place said...

What a brave little guy. Glad everything went okay.

Karen said...

The voice will go back to somewhat normal later, it will never be as throaty as it was though. I had mine out oo when I was little and it was the best thing ever! My niece had her's out a few onths ago and her voice ahs gone back to normal sounding. What a brave boy he is!

Palmer Paradise said...

I love the picture of him in his surgery outfit so cute. That is great that they give him so much stuff-makes it a lot easier on him I am sure.

Kim said...

Yay Liam...I'm so proud of you! You are so brave! Wish I could of been there to give you a hug and a kiss! Love ya!

Katie said...

The tonsil thing bites but definitely worth it...we went thru it with Broox. His voice changed but came back to normal. I think it took a couple months though. I actually watched a home video the other day of him a few weeks out from tonsils and his voice was that high pitched bubble in your throat sound...but now it's just a memory. :)