Monday, June 13, 2011

Some 1st's...

 
I know we will have many 'firsts' living in a new place.  But here are just a few we've experienced lately.  Our first sleep out on our trampoline.!  I was nice and stayed inside with Charlie for the night. ha!  But Marty was the kids' hero and braved the night under the stars.  They had SO much fun- they were bursting at the seams all day anticipating their camp out. Ruby painted big signs to put up in the house to remind us that it was 'sleep out night!'


Our first BBQ with friends at our new casa.  Tasha and Christopher came over with their beautiful boys and hung out for the night.  It was so wonderful to see a familiar face and enjoy their company! Thanks for coming you guys.  I am so happy you moved here too!  Yeah! (what are the odds and the timing-crazy)  (We need to go camping soon.)

The kids loved these $1 dollar pools we bought at a garage sell down the street.

 Our first overlook of St. George as a family! 
 Very windy and warm. 
 It is beautiful.

Our first time feeding baby calves!  These little guys belong to our bishop and we went over for family night to experience feeding them.  They eat out of over sized baby bottles with a nipple. And they can get sucking, they really get a grip on those things and don't let up until it's bone dry.  They are a bit feisty if your not stern with them. 



The bishop lives around the corner from us and after our trial run that night ...he asked us to do it 2x a day while he went out of town for 3 days.  So we got to do this morning and night for a time.  Lets just say,  the KIDS loved it...


And lastly and most sweetly...our first fruit produce from the yard.  Ruby could eat blackberries 24/7.  And never tire of them.  She worships berries of any sort.  So when we picked these from our yard you can imagine her excitement.  Yumm. 

7 comments:

Palmer Paradise said...

That is a lot of fun first. Sleeping out on the tramp is so fun and i bet they loved it. That is so cool that you got to feed baby calves. Also I am jealous that you have blackberries in your yard. Yummy.

Kimberly said...

Sleeping on the trampoline is awesome! I just have to say, that's one of my favorite memories of the Wright boys. I don't remember if Marty was there, but I remember one night we woke up and found a puppy under the trampoline. We thought we could keep it, until we realized it had escaped from the neighbors' house next door. :)

Katie said...

Mindy:) looks like you guys are having so much fun in St. George!! So happy for you and your family. You guys have been up to a lot of fun-keep it up! Miss seeing you at church.

Diane Wright said...

Is that Charli with his hand it the calf's mouth getting the life sucked out of it? So cute. What a fun place to live. I'm so excited for you.

Reeves Family said...

I had no idea Tasha moved sown there too. I want to move down there. How fun would that be? I am glad youa re settling in and enjoying the new place.

Rick and Angie said...

I love your posts! Your family is so cute!!!

Katie said...

Love it! But HATE that I found out about Tasha moving to Red Rock territory via your blog....actually I heard the possibility but wasn't sure of it yet...she is so getting a text from me. OK so actually I'm jealous and I'd appreciate if you'd tell her hello! How fun!