Thursday, February 21, 2008

GOOD DAY

This was like 2 weeks ago but I wanted to post about it, cuz it was a wonderful relaxing day... my parents have tons of snow up in Morgan, so my dad and other "men" built a hill for tubing in our backyard!
He had to gas up mid-way through, it took alot of horse + man power to build this thing...
"The Builders"- Marty and my brother Ryan...
Ingrid and Brooks, love the boots...
Cousin Katie and Ruby
It was just such a beautiful day, and afterwards we all ate tacos and homemade cookies, the girls spent time making hairbows and then we all played cards...It was the best day I've had in a long time. Cousin Katie showed me this recipe for cookies, it's an old family recipe and sooo good....I made them just a couple days later at my house with the little ones doing most the work...

Grandma Cheltina's Whole Wheat Cookies
1 c. oil, (I use 1/2 applesauce), 2 c. oatmeal
1 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. nuts (optional)
2 eggs, 1 c. semi-sweet choc. chips
5 T. canned milk (I used regular milk?), 1 c. raisins
1 t. vanilla, 1 t. cinnamon
2 c. whole-wheat flour, 1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. nutmeg, 1 t. salt
Mix all dry ingredients , add wet ones. Bake at 375 for 10 or less minutes. Depending on if you want underdone cookies or not. They freeze good too! So Yummy!

14 comments:

Amy D. said...

I just had to wipe the drool off the keyboard...I LOVE (yes in all caps) these cookies. Every time Katie comes down she goes straight to my freezer because there is usually a bag there. And...still jealous I didn't know about family weekend. Why do you guys always do such fun things. I want to play.

Diane Wright said...

I totally get why you want to live in Utah (don't tell Marty I said that) you have so much fun with your family and they do know how to have fun. I loved all that testosterine flowing, I guess cause there is none flowing here. Ooops, sorry David. Liam looks like a counter decoration. He is adorable and he's looking more like an Anderton than a Wright. I love you guys. See you in a week and a couple of days. Wooohooo.

cheeks said...

hey! These pics are awesome. That mound of snow is bigger than any hill i've seen here! ..i think my favorite part about the pics is the blue sky...it looks like summer....well besides all the snow! ha! They sky isn't too blue here in the winter. We are having freezing rain today! It's the craziest thing i've ever seen! Liam is too cute in his little chair. What a handsome boy!

Tasha said...

Gems. All of you. I love every Anderton and every Anderton-in-law, and I especially love their little ones.

Becca said...

Yeah, I might really need to make those cookies! You always have yummy ideas. Your family is awesome...gotta love those days. My family is so spread out now... enjoy it for me!

Aimee said...

Sounds like such a fun day... I'm jealous!

~Sarah said...

Looks like TONS of fun! I can't wait to come up this week to UT snow and have a fun relaxing day like that with family. Probably won't be quite the same, but nonetheless it will be good. Hope all is well.

Em said...

As I write this, I've already copied/pasted the recipe. These actually sound GREAT to me. And right now, not a whole heck of a lot sounds good to me other than eggs, oranges, and pancakes. Hahaa. Your family is so cute. Those pictures remind me of those sleepovers you used to have in your back yard when we were in grade school and middle school. Hilarious memories...I miss ya.

The Close's Place said...

So tell me about the 'day schedule' you followed from Babywise.

We'd love you guys to come visit and we can order take out or something.

We have Jay's sister coming next week to help me out, so let's get in touch after that.

The Better Half said...

Those were great pictures of the snow hill...better than the ones I got! I think in the mind of every blogger is a visual of how certain pics will look when posted...a great incentive! I love the pictures of Ruby & Liam baking with you...a fun post!

The Better Half said...

p.s. that music thing is awesome...your dad has been trying to figure it out...you could give him some tips !

cheeks said...

hey! i was amazed to see you have some Dashboard on your music playlist...i thought marty hated that stuff! Has he come around, or just never looks at the blog to have a say in it?! Love you!

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

Didn't give up on you. LOVE your blog, your family, your home, your wood paneling!

Nichole said...

Your Dad is the best! How fun! We need to get a law group together before June!

Oh BTW...my babies LOVE the bumbo but beware they can arch their back and pop out. They say not to put it on the counter but I did...until Malia almost jumped out one time. He is probablly at a safe age still but keep it in mind as he gets wiggly.