Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rethink Lagoon

We all went to Lagoon the other day for Marty's work. Yes, all four of us. Liam actually did really well and it was fun to have him along. I have not been since I was in college..... and it was so great! Especially for Ruby, she loved it. The lines were REALLY long so we strategized and I would wait in line while Marty took Ruby on a ride close by that had virtually NO line. He was able to take her like 6 times in a row until I was close enough to the front for her to jump in with me. It was a good way to get the most use out of our time, cuz I'm tellin you, Lagoon WEARS you out! Rubes loved this ride, which is the one we thought she'd like the least! It takes you up like 50 feet and drops you several times down really fast and abruptly. She actually wasn't tall enough for most of the rides, this one included, but I would just carry her on and most the time they didn't notice. But once, we were rejected becuz of her heigth, sometimes it doesn't pay to be short....... Here's "Buddy" getting a mid-day massage from Dad, he's lovin it if you can't tell. He got a little tense/tight watching Ruby on all the crazy rides.
And.....Ruby's actual highlight of the weekend.....how can you ask for a better Grandpa! right?

11 comments:

Em said...

Mindy, I love Ruby's little hat. So cute. I agree. Lagoon absolutely exhausts you, and I have never taken kids before. I can only imagine. I have to say, I love love the picture of your dad painting her nails. How cute is that?

Rebecca said...

You little hooligans...sneaking on forbidden rides! Those are the cutest pictures...All of them!

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

CUTE pics! LOVE the ones of Dad painting Ruby's nails- precious! And that one of Marty massaging Liam- you can just hear him giggling. so funny.

Love your fam. We'll now have to keep up with the Wrights and take our clan to Lagoon . . . our kids have never been and our oldest is almost ten!? Are we lame, cheap, or just more fun at home than any amusement park could ever come close to?!

The Close's Place said...

Wow, she's so brave to try all those rides. Very impressive. Love those pics of Ruby and her Grandpa.

Diane Wright said...

Like everyone else, I loved Grandpa painting Ruby's nails. Marty, I never get to go to Great America with my work. See it's not so bad right!!! right!!!
Ruby I'll see you in August. Can't wait. Love grandma diane

Anica said...

I hear you on Lagoon. I'm going to have break down and take Emily there one of these days, fortunately I'll miss it this summer.
I'm glad to see that you're still running. It's good to see my influence of hiding behind the donut counter during track practice hasn't kept you from running :)

cheeks said...

funny...i haven't checked blogs since we got here! you guys are quite the rebels sneaking the little stinker onto the rides! ha ha

It was so fun to be here and see you guys...i love that ruby was my little tag-a-long. Love that girl! We'll miss you guys! Love ya!

Jeanette said...

Hi Guys! Through a wierd twist of fate, we found your blog (Friend of a friend kind of thing) and thought we'd leave a comment. We like the fingernail/toe nail painting. Is that Ruby red?

Email me so we can catch up. jeanettebyers@gmail.com

The Better Half said...

hey mindy, just been playing catch-up with everyone's blogs. Loved the pics from Lagoon. I'm glad they bent the rules and let you (opps Ruby) on even though you are both vertically challenged. remember the good things in small packages saying. Loved the before and after pictures of your house...what a great job!! Sorry we missed out on your & Ellis family 1/2 marathon...way to go. Also sorry I missed the park city get away...thanks for the pictures. love ya all, keep posting!

Rosie said...

Hey Miss Mindums...
How's everyone doing? I look forward to your next post. Hint Hint :)

Katie said...

Hi guys...ran into your blog. Can't believe how big and cute your kids are. Life for us in Salem is crazy, but when isn't it, you know. Hope all is great.
-Katie Willis