Wednesday, May 21, 2008

13.1 (FELT like 26.2)

Well, we survived , the Ogden 1/2 marathon! Yeah! Tiff (my sis) and Jim ran it with us. They were our inspiration. Tiff kept me going! It was freezing while we waited for the race to start. The shuttles had us at "line" 1 1/2 hours early! It was a beautiful morning though- the only time during the race that I even noticed the scenery!We were able to keep up a 8:30 minute mile-which for ME is way good, I was just glad to cross the finish line....the last 2 miles were definitely the hardest! It was so hard to keep going....I don't know how people run the full thing! A full marathon used to be a goal of mine but I'm not so sure now. Our kids were there at the end to support us. Megan (my other sis) came over at 4:45 so we could go and brought them to the finish line...she's so great to do that. Lee and Merry (Marty's dad and wife) came to see us finish also, a nice surprise for me! They cheered me on at the last hundred yards or so, Thanks guys!!!

I was sooo sore the next day and several days thereafter, I couldn't walk down stairs or hardly walk at all...and immediately following the race for a couple hours I was just sick...mild heat stroke I presume...

All in all , I don't know if I'd do it again soon, but it was a good accomplishment for me and Marty to do together...way to go babe!

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well I am terribly impressed. Good job!

Kimby said...

Holy cow! You are amazing, I am so proud of you, way to go!! I've never done anything like that, kinda wanted to, but haven't. Congrats!

Tasha said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post all week. Seriously checking every half hour or so. You ran fast - an 8:30 mile is so so great! And I didn't know Marty ran it too. How fun, and oh my your children are as adorable as ever. I can't get over Liam's little scally cap.

Ali said...

Wow you were hauling! That's great! Glad you're still running. Remember running to whatever that next town was in HI and back? Six miles along the Kam highway? Scary! Good for you. Go for the marathon. If you can run half, you can run the whole thing! :)

Kath said...

That is awesome, Mindy! What a cool thing to do with Marty, too. You guys have a great relationship and are so cute together. Way to go (both of you!)

cheeks said...

hey congrats! i didn't know you guys were even planning on that! you're such a workout-a-holic!

I love the pic of you with your kids at the end of the race...ruby isn't interested at all in you guys...just her drink! Good Job!!

Kyle and Katie said...

Good job! I wish.

Diane Wright said...

You guys are amazing. I'm really totally proud of you, unlike Ruby, who looks as if she could care less. But I'm sure she is also proud of you. It looks like way too much muscle movement for me, but you guys keep running. Love you. Mom Diane

Becca said...

WAY TO GO! I'm seriously so impressed! That is a great accomplishment, my dear. I'm so proud of you...and your time was awesome! I love how you and all your cute sisters are such buddies. What an awesome family.

Kim said...

Very Impressive. How come I'm the only kid in our family that can't run. I've tried but just don't have the stamina. So I'm very jealous. Good Job. Hey, is dad growing a beard cuz he wants to be Santa this year? LOL! Love you guys!

Kim said...

Good job on the run and house! I have run a full marathon and yeah sure its an accomplishment but I dont want to do it again...half is awesome and wasn't the run so pretty through the canyon? I love your walls now. Anyway, I promised I would comment and leave you a link to our blog...I also linked your on mine if that ok. See ya Friday! http://bowcutfamily6.blogspot.com/

Em said...

Mindy, you rock. Seriously. I have told myself forever that I was going to attempt a half marathon, but I am just not a runner. Maybe after I have my baby I can try. Haha. You seriously are a huge inspiration. Way to go girlie!

Nichole said...

I have always wanted to run a marathon but now I am thinking my body is to old & training takes too much time! I am soooo IMPRESSED with you guys. That is awesome! You guys must be in GREAT shape!

Wow your basement looks so different! And your floors too! You guys have done alot of work on your house! Sooo cute!

Dave said...

That's pretty impressive Marty and Mindy!!! Sara and I ran a 5k at Willamette and I could barely walk the next day (what a chunk). Sara of course was fine.

Hope all is well