Saturday, May 9, 2009

MADRE DIANE

TE AMAMOS!!! (WE LOVE YOU)
BECAUSE YOU ARE SO SPECIAL WE WANTED TO TELL YOU IN 20 WAYS-WHY IT'S SO EASY TO LOVE YOU...

1. YOU ARE SO VERY PRETTY IN PINK! 2. You are SUCH A GOOD COOK! You make incredible dishes from scratch! You are such a healthy chef too and always trying new recipes and fun foods when we are around. I LOVE it! Even a simple breakfast at the lake is always some egg/omelet creation and sooo yummy.3. I am amazed at your strength! You have had QUITE the life and so many experiences and trials no one can even imagine. You found the gospel and raised such an incredible family and have such a stalwart testimony.

4. You have an AMAZING talent of knitting. I am so fortunate to be a receiver of your work. I LOVE to dress my kids in these hand-made treasures. It is such a special thing to me. Here is the latest, BTW, you wanted to see Liam in his sweater...so cute.
5. You are so good with your grandkids...they love you. Ruby loves when you let her cook with you and not fuss about the mess or the time it takes to do it. Liam loves your snuggles and book-time you give him.6. You have always loved me and accepted me from the beginning. Yes, you are true to your word and will speak your mind or opinion about things. And I have learned to really appreciate that and cherish the relationship I have with you. I tell people how close I am with you and they are amazed (most in-laws are scary)- the fact that I can go potty while your in the bathroom says alot. ?

7. You gave me Marty...He is such a devoted father and husband and his testimony is REAL and deep and I KNOW it stems from you. You were and are such a good example.

8. I love that you read and read and love to read new books all the time. You have kind of a corky taste for books and sometimes movies. But I love your 'different' taste, it expands mine.

9. I love when you get laughing so hard that you cry. Your so fun to be around and your kids can really get you going.!

10. I really appreciate all you do for me and our family. Your always so thoughtful to send cards and holiday packages and it shows how much you really care and think about us. I've been so blessed to marry into such a fun-loving, loud, Californian family. And you are at it's head. You are such a delight and I love you so much...Please know this and never forget. Happy Mothers day, Mom. Love, Mindy


Ten things I love about my Mom (by Marty)

1. I love it when my mom cooks! She always adds a little something to make it fun and delicious.

2. I love how my mom can be spontanious. She comes up with little ideas or little gifts out of nowhere and just for fun.

3. I love talking to my mom. I can talk to her about most anything and she will always listen.

4. I love my mom's unique taste in clothing and decoration. It's fun and spunky. I think she needs to move to Oregon.

5. I love my Mom's smile!

6. I love my Mom's positive outlook on life. Life has not been easy but she continues to smile and enjoys each day for what it is.

7. I love my mom's bluntness. It's not hard to guess what she's thinking and you always know where you stand with her.

8. I love it when my mom gets laughing so hard that she doesn't make a sound and just shakes. It makes me laugh.

9. I love my Mom as a Grandma. She is the best Grandma a kid could have. She makes life fun and unpredictible. Ruby loves spending time with her Grandma Diane.

10. Most of all, I love my Mom's testimony. It has always been a strong example in my life. I don't know where I would be without it. Thanks Mom.

5 comments:

Diane Wright said...

I've read these 20 love notes 3 time and I cried all three times. Thanks you so much. I even forgive you for putting those awful pictures of me on your blog for the whole world to see. I do love you so much that It just spills out of me all the time and I have to be very careful that I don't talk too much about you and bore all my friends. Kisses and hugs for all of you. Love Mom

Em said...

Awesome, Mindy! Your mother-in-law sounds great! I also laughed at the fact that you can go potty while she's in the bathroom...that does say a lot! I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Love ya.

cheeks said...

such a sweet tribute to gma diane! I loved reading it!

Anica said...

What an awesome mother-in-law! Lucky you!

Rebecca said...

Awwww I love Diane. I love how you both wrote about her laugh. She has the best laugh and smile.

You guys are too sweet. Now we have to one-up you! Watch out!