Tuesday, August 11, 2009

surprises...

I forgot to mention that I had a marvelous birthday. Marty surprised me with breakfast at Jeremiah's (blindfolds and everything). It is a really good restaurant (esp. for b-fast) out on 12th Street in Ogden. YUMMY!
He then surprised me with a really fabulous camera! Mine was failing and giving up the ghost at a slow but steady pace and it was time for a new fun one! Thanks babe!
A great cake I might add too; yellow with chocolate frosting...so good.
My friends from the 'hood' surprised me and came by at 9 or something that night for a get-away to Village Inn for pies! Thanks girls, that was so great!
One more fun surprise...Liam found a new satisfying sensation...VASELINE! If only there had been gum in his hair to make it worth it...maybe I should have put gum IN his hair to take out the slime! Hope he enjoyed it, the grease lasted for , um... 6+ days!

Oh ya, and we are waiting to find out the sex of our baby at birth...what a fun surprise that will be...!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you had a pretty great day! I love that your friends from the hood took you out on the town. Happy Birthday (belated)!

That vaseline bit cracks me up. Boys! Seriously its all about finding things to make messes etc. And how fun to wait til the birth...not sure I could ever make it BUT how surprising slash exciting!

cheeks said...

ha ha! i'm totally laughing at all the vaseline caked in liam's hair! so gross! does he have a big oil stain/spot on his pillow?! :)

i'm still dying you're not finding out the sex....all i know is i sure hope we are in town when little one makes his/her appearance!

What kind of cake was that? is is a special shape? or did you eat off of it, then blow out the candles?

Em said...

Mindy, that's so awesome you're waiting! I have always said that once I have a boy and a girl that I want to do that as well. That way you still have all the stuff you need for whichever sex you get. YAY!

Love the pic of Liam. He's such a cute lil' dude. Note to self...don't give Ava access to Vaseline!

It looks like you had an awesome birthday. Marty's a great husband and takes care of you (as he should!). I'm so glad you had a good birthday. I'm turning the bit 3-0 in November and not too happy about it! Brad loves to razz me about it too. Anyway, thanks for the update!

Diane Wright said...

I forgot to call you on your birthday, didn't I? I can't remember. Did Marty cut the cake in the shape of an M, or did he bake it that way. As for Liam, that is so crazy. Matt & Kim found a can of Crisco when they were little and did the same thing. It took weeks to get it completely out. They looked like they had dirty hair all the time. What fun.

Rick and Angie said...

Glad u had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I LOVE surprises - how fun!!! We need a new camera too - let me know if u like it!!!

The Close's Place said...

What a crack up that little guy!!
That must of been such a gross clean up.

Paige said...

Happy Belated birthday Mindy!! The vaseline cracked me up...UUUGG what a hard thing to clean up! okay and what's up with you running a 5 K prego? Holy cow you're the woman!! if I had done that I would have literally been contracting the whole time...it's not even a possibility to run (we must carry very differently.) Anyway I didn't find out what Avery was until she was born too! I had a boy and girl just like you so decided to mix it up a little and have it be a surprise, I LOVED it. It was the SO much fun and I'd do it over again in a heartbeat!! good luck

Kim said...

I am such a loser! Sorry I forgot your bday...I think I forgot Megan's too. I have no good excuses. I am glad you had a good day and what a great present! You look so good too! Now that kids are in school and things settling down - we really need to all get together again! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog btw - you are still such a good friend. I sure miss having some...closer.