Monday, December 7, 2009

Secrets with a 4 year old....


So, Marty took Ruby shopping for my christmas presents...not a good idea I thought. But he insisted it would be fun and that she could keep the secret of where they went and what he bought. When they got home she didn't say anything and Marty reminded her that it is a SECRET. The next day after her shower I pulled out the blowdryer to do her hair and she exclaimed with big wide eyes...."YOU SHOULD USE YOUR NEW ONE!" Ha, I couldn't stop laughing, and instead of just acting surprised on xmas morning I had to tell Marty cuz it was such an innocent and funny moment. She realized right after that she'd slipped up. There are still other gifts that I can get surprised about and luckily this was my "need" gift from our categories...so I'm not too bummed about finding out. So even if there are good intentions...4 year olds can still get excited about something and lose all sense of obligation/duty.!

6 comments:

Diane Wright said...

That's hilarious. Did Marty really think a very excited four year old could keep a secret. Seriously, it's hard enough for us grown ups. Oh how we love Christmas.

cheeks said...

ha ha! too cute! did she hunch down a little and look worried when she realized what she said?? i can totally see it! love her!

Palmer Paradise said...

That is so funny. I love Ruby she is such a funny little girl. Well Jared and I know all of each other's christmas. We suck at secrets. I am sad I know all mine cause I like the suprise but what are you gonna do.

Keri said...

That's cute! I love the story!

Rick and Angie said...

That is hilarious!!! When's that baby coming??

Bethany said...

Hey I just stumbled on your blog through blogger.
My five year old picked out a gift for her daddy this year and is so excited that she can barely contain herself, but she has. I might be giving her tips on how to trick him. I think that might come back to bite me when she's a teenager, but he still doesn't know what his Christmas gift is.