Tuesday, June 1, 2010

summer fever

seriously it is going on- that summer fever thing. i love it! we got out of swimming lessons today for Liam and the air was warm and that distinct smell was abounding-chlorine/grass/warm summer smell- it is amazing when this season comes. that is why i love the seasons in utah. here is some things we've been doing lately...we went to the aquarium in sandy last week. the penguins are so fun to watch. we were at the zoo yesterday (no pics) and the penguins, there, just lay still for the most part...probably too hot. but at the aquarium they are active 'little' buggers. (wait -is that a swearword?)
ruby had her gymnastics olympics...it was so fun to watch her.! i think she might be a future olympian...we are going to try her out in a 'hotshots' class this summer and see if she's ready for 'real' competing and practicing.

this lovely picture of marty and i ...ha! we were so red and sweaty from hiking to the 'M' over memorial weekend. pretty view though. morgan is a beautiful place - it's nice to have family living there.
this big baby of mine keeps me busy and gives me sore arms...why do baby's not walk until they are a year or more! whats the logic in that?
can you see mini-marty (liam)...where did charles come from?
ruby's been begging for a 'pretty' apron like mine. i was going to make her a twiner one with mine but then found this fabric i already had...now i want one like hers. pooh pooh.
we like to bake -ruby and i- i have no self control though. so it's not a smart thing to be doing as summer/swimsuit season is upon us. ha!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Between the gymnastics shot and the cute little apron, I've become an official Ruby fan. What a doll! That would be awesome to have a little gymnist. Does Kathy have kids in her class...just wondering. ;) Maybe Ruby will be the next kid throwing 100 back-hand-springs at recess. Sorry I never could...

cheeks said...

you do look hot up on the M...but not the sweaty hot. I mean like sexy hot! :)

rubes is so cute! remember when she was totally performing her perfect handstands for us and kept wanting me to take pics of her! love it! she really is going to be an olympian...she has the perfect little body for it!

her apron is so cute! you are such a martha stewart...the apron, the amazing looking cake (makes my mouth water)! Can't wait till i move back and we can craft together! yay!

where DID charlie come from?? i almost think he could fit into megan's clan! he's so adorable...and BIG! ha!

Diane Wright said...

I love all these pictures. The one with the penquin swimming is really cool
I love the apron and I love the girl wearing it.
I love liams brown eyes and his smile
And I love Charly who looks like your mother.
And I love you and Marty too. Can't wait for the Lake.

Kim said...

That hike is brutal! It is a beautiful view though! Love all the pics! I love that cute little apron too! Ruby is so cute! And your boys too...:)

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

TOOOOOOOOO Cute!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Mindy, I love Ruby's apron...you are so talented! I vote next time you come sub at the office you HAVE TO BRING that YUMMY cake....it looks so good!