Wednesday, June 16, 2010

To Ride, Run or Swim...

There was a really great car show in downtown Ogden the other weekend and we took the kids. It was a blast...free and spontaneous. It felt so nice outside...I absolutely love summer nights. Little Mr. independant trying to fish thru the crowds... Marty had a great time. This is his ultimate secret pleasure...cars. Never take him on a car lot just for fun...wild thoughts start forming in his mind...like "we could actually use a third car!" or "I think we'd be a happier more spiritual family if we upgraded our van!"

I think Liam really enjoyed this mini- like father like son...
We ran a 5k in Morgan last weekend. My goal was to beat my time last year and I did by 10 seconds! hooray! 5k's are not so fun because you just run hard the whole time and it hurts and you want to cry, it's not over fast enough for me...esp. when I'm in it to win it.
I love having a husband that will run with me ...what a man.
Liam graduated from his swimming lessons! He really does have a great backfloat for a beginner. Mommy/me classes are not so fun though, everyday for 2 weeks straight gets a little redundant.!
Speaking of Liam graduating...how do I graduate him into underwear?! I hate potty training!! Seriously ...it's hard for me to not get frustrated and yell at him when he has accidents -yet I know this is all new to him and I can't just expect him to 'get it'. But I need to let him know that it's not okay to pee on the floor when he had sat on the toilet just seconds before and NOTHING. Please someone give me a secret that is fast and painless!! Are there services out there that will take a child for 2 weeks and potty train ...I'll dish out the cash if that's what it takes! anyone?

10 comments:

Jim Tiff and Kidlets said...

You could taser him every time he pees his pants. That way he would be so scared that he would never even think of peeing his pants again.

cheeks said...

i love this song on your blog by the way :)

i, like marty, think if you guys upgraded your minivan you'd totally be more spiritual! ha ha!

look at you runners! way to beat your old time min! you rock! when i first saw your post i thought it was going to be about a tri-athalon??? maybe that could be your next adventure!

Kim said...

Hee-hee-hee...I am with ya Mindy. Potty training SUCKS!!! We have been on and off trying now for months. I have done this before three other times, but this time...I feel like I don't know what I am doing! DANG! Wish I knew about the Morgan 5K...would have had fun running that. We ran in Morgan Saturday in the afternoon. Good job girl!!!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Way to go Mindy! That's great you beat your time even by 5 seconds! It looked kinda cold and rainy....I would have woosed out and ran straight to my car, LOL!

The Close's Place said...

My Potty training secret with Andrew was letting him stand up and aim for cheerios in the toilet and candy every time he was successful.

Karen said...

We've been wondering the same thing about Conner. I get the frustration. My solution for us, let Clint be the one to train him.

Katie said...

From the title of the post, I thought you were going to share the latest iron man race you were in...or some triathalon...you never cease to amaze me with your physique these days. Congrats on the 5K. I'm sure you rocked it!

Bridget said...

Jorgen didn't get potty trained until he was 3. I hated it but you have to wait until they want to pee in the potty. With him I did multiple things. Sticker chart, aiming for the cheerios and then finally I got him something he REALLY wanted at the store and put it on top of the fridge for him to see and after 3 times going pottty he got it!It worked for him. I wouldn't do pull ups if it were me I would commit to training (if you think he's ready) Jorgen never once peed the bed after he was potty trained.

Way to go on the 5k! I am not a runner and I am super jealous. I try to be but it is painful to watch. No joke.

So sad I missed the reunion. Hope I see ya soon though. Love ya!

The Better Half said...

just got caught up with your blog...THANKS for blogging. Ruby looks so cute in her new apron/shirt-dress you made....what a sewer (?) you have become!!! Those three take such dang cute pictures. It was fun to see all the pics and I need you to email the one of you, Ingrid and Megan to me because of the oversight catching all of you in the race..please. Such a great picture of Liam and the calf!!! Love ya

Mom A said...

Aunt Kristi say, No kid wears diapers to Kindergarten so just wait until he wants to go in the potty----3 years, 3 1/2 years, whatever! OR Let him go outside and practice "watering" the plants. He'll get the "relax and release" down really well. Good luck!