Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring Checklist...

So I'm really quite sick of looking at this type of weather...although Frosty is sort of cute...scary lookin -but cute because my kids designed him.  So I was thinking of some must do's for spring -hoping that might egg it on to come!

#1.  Something springy for the kitchen.  This is for my Mom's birthday (Jami if your viewing this-DON'T let her see).  This was such fun-easy pattern, and I DO NOT DO PATTERNS.  I like tutorials online that give pictures w/step by step instructions!

This is the pattern-at Walmart.

#2.  A new and improved haircut.  Ruby has thin, wispy hair that seems to get a lot of static in the winter.  I haven't wanted to cut it since it grows at the rate of a snail race.  But we went out on a 'girls night' and decided to DO IT;  The stylist at Great Clips (which btw is having a 6.99$ haircut deal for anyone...think it ended today though) told me to make sure she is taking her multi-vitamin-to help it grow better/faster. 

She was SO excited for the end result AND a little scared it would be too short like a boys' ...ewww cooties!

TA -DA!  She has a little natural curl and cutting it in a stacked A-line, like this, really brought it out and makes it MUCH more manageable and fun.


So go out yourself and TRY it.  Something new, something vibrant.
#3.  This stuff is the bomb.  My Mom bought it for me 3 years ago for my birthday, since I'd become an anti-sun fanatic (except for the healthy Vit-D amount of course)(because of my two melanoma moles I had surgically removed- I need to do a post on just that whole ordeal and show..... The Scars).  I LOVE it.  I use it on my face and arms most days(even in the winter)...it only takes a LITTLE bit.  And in the summer it gets caked on my legs too.  I don't know if its because of my freckles or what but it seems to blend in really well.  LOVE IT.
#4.  Babies!  So many babies -showers, births, gifts, making babies, etc.  We are throwin' a shower for my friend in a month.  I need some cute favor ideas...anyone?  I've seen some WAY cute decorating ideas and food ideas on some other fellow bloggers.  In this pic MY baby is taking is very first step(at my grandma's house)...yep, hasn't done it again since but he took it, I saw him.
#5. PLEASE...like spring can be spring w/out....da ta ta ta......MINI EGGS.  Marty has always had an incessant NEED for these guys and I've figured out why....they are to die for.  Not literally , but close.
#6.  And last but not least....toddler boy tie shirts...tutorial HERE. (this blog site has amazing FREE tutorials)  

complete with some linen trousers and a scally hat ...


I was going to make one for Liam in this matching fabric but I am thinking polka dots are a little too baby-ish for my
3 & 1/2  year old...ya think?  totally.


oh yeah.  gotta love that- biting tongue with those 4 tiny teeth-action.
keep pray'in for that sunshine!

8 comments:

Diane Wright said...

You put a lot of spring into that blog. I love Ruby's hair, so cute and I didn't know she had a little curl in there. Love the shirts, you did a great job. Did you check out Made this month, it's "All about the Boys" again. Charlie's hat is perfect fsor the litle man. Did you get their hirache's while you were in Mexico??

Diane Wright said...

PS, I love your mom's apron, I really like the fabric. Good job Mindy. She's going to love it too.

Paige said...

Okay the fact that you are making aprons and clothes and sewing and making favors and what not really tells me I must be doing something wrong....I must prioritize wrong because I swear like everyone else in the world I have no time! anyway more power to ya, you're amazing

Jennifer and Tyler said...

Mindy, Your comment on my blog was too funny! I LOVED the LONG novel, don't get those too often. Were you talking about Meg husband when you said Jeremy? Her hubs is Ben and I was just a bit confused so just curious lol. Anyway, thanks for the comments. They moved there last in '09 for Ben's job, PA in Cardio and they seem to love it. I did, it is beautiful! PS Yes, I will be at UDA, I will look for you! you're awesome!

Jennifer and Tyler said...

PSS I too love the mini chocolate eggs, just bought some today for "dental" convention. I set such a great example for my patients!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

I love the boys cute little shirts...im going to have to definatly make some. And, yes I did fall off the face of the earth for a while, Haha. Yep, I'll still work my 2 days after the baby. Taking 8 weeks off before I go back though. I'm due July 10th! You need to come sub again so we can catch up!!!!

Mindy and Marty said...

Jen...dang wish i'd of found you at convention so i could share some of the mini-egg love, we were in the perio class the whole day thurs. where were you?
so i did mean ben when i said jeremy..shows you how well i knew him! ha. where did jeremy come from?! i think i got him confused with meg's brother (that i had a tiny crush on back at usu)...but acutally his name was ryan i think...geesh i have no idea what i'm actually saying it's been too long ago.! what other races are you running coming up? ogden 1/2?

Jennifer and Tyler said...

I wish I was signed up for Ogden 1/2, I missed the deadline and I guess it filled really fast! maybe the 5k from a friend who just found out she's prego. I don't have anything in the plans though. We were in a good class on thurs. about team aesthetics, really funny and good info. i heard perio was actually good this year. today we went to the class called "shopping at Nordstroms and gateway" we are naughty girls but kept running into other dental convention rebels so I guess at least we're not the only ones!