Thursday, November 20, 2008

NoSes aNd BeLLiEs

I know I've mentioned 'poor Liam's nose' before...but it is truly a tragedy. His is constantly running. My friend recently told me about her niece that had her adenoids and tonsils removed at age 5 because she's had problems with them since birth and one of the symptoms was a constant runny nose! Liam also snores and is a chronic mouth-breather, (probably will be plagued with halitosis as a teen) So hopefully there is a solution out their for the little buddy and he can oneday breath again! And, it doesn't make him look any prettier-the fact that he spit up or out something in his mouth right before I snapped the picture-classic...As for the bellies. We went to a restaurant with my family in S.L.C. called the Cedars of Lebanon. It was a blast and we dinned on really great, authentic food. The menu is a wee bit pricey. Our plates were 18$ a pop. It was Ingrids (my sis-in-law's) idea. She always finds these little holes in the wall that turn out to be really marvelous. You would never enter-in just by passing by. The outside appearance is nothing to look at.


Chelle getting ready to nurse her baby, this is no place for a child...

We had a large group there, I didn't get pictures of the other 3 couples, they were being poop's. This is my dad's favorite part...the beLLy dancer...Marty tipped her too, but I couldn't get a picture, he did it so fast, and his little hands were shaking, poor guy.The lady kept bugging everyone to get up and dance with her. I finally did and you notice I had no tips in my waistband. Must have done just a so-so job, though Marty is smiling -I can't be sure but in the picture it appears he is not smiling at ME...ha ha. Jami if you'd have been there I know you would have jumped right up with me...next time okay. We missed you guys that night, it was so much fun-thanks for planning it Ingrid.

11 comments:

The Close's Place said...

Love it!! You forgot your bikini top for the belly dancing!!

Ali said...

Hey. Can I just say again that you look great and if you are not starving yourself I'd love to know what you are doing to be so stinkin' skinny. Seriously I found a picture of us in HI and let me just say that it was not so cute. Well, at least of me but maybe it was just an interesting time for all of us. I think I just ate and ate and never washed my hair and somehow running 6 miles a day (to that little town and back, remember?) just didn't cut it. So... that was random. But you look fantastic and I like your bangs.

Cute family pictures, too. I'm glad we can stay in touch a little this way. I think our sisters have regular family slumber parties. Anywho... isn't Tasha married? What's her last name? Donde esta? Just wondering. Megan Hadfield sent me a random card but I have yet to write her back. I don't even know how she found me. I don't think she's married anymore?

Well I'll end the novel. I loved the green haired pixie. She's perfect for it. So cute!

Tasha said...

Ali! I'm right here. And I feel awful because I religiously read your blog and have yet to comment. For some reason I get the comment jitters, it's silly I know. You have darling children, Peter Pan was so cute on Halloween. (Well, I can tell you all sorts of things I've been thinking about the Seaman crew on your blog and reserve this space for diligent Mindy followers.)

But, I have to add really quickly that yes, I am married; my last name is Clifford (although I will always be Archuleta at heart), and I have a real cute baby who is all over the internet: http://emilythecliff.blogspot.com/2008/11/baby-driver.html
http://replikate.blogspot.com/2008/09/omg.html

Mindy, I love Liam. So much. Cedars of Lebanon food is remarkably similiar to Armenian, so we go there often (with my cute Dad because we all know how much he loves to take people to dinner, speaking of which can we all go with him sometime soon?) Your family pictures are great. And I miss you all the time. Christopher is sad because he said that now Marty will never have time to fish. Funny.

Tasha said...

Sorry I said "all" so much. This is precisely why I don't have a blog - I get nervous about sounding ridiculous.

Blah.

Rosie said...

That's a hilarious shot of your dad! I don't know...with those moves you should have had a few tips yourself! SO fun!

Kimby said...

Glad you got pics done, sorry we never made it up. We still need to.

Ruby is a little model child, I love it, she is adorable in her Tink costume!

Way to go Marty on the bathroom. You coming to Grandma's for Turkey Day dessert? We probably are, hope to see you.

cheeks said...

ummmmkay, this is too funny! What type of place is our family dining at...looks a little riskay! ha ha ha! i'm sure brett would have been right there with mart and your dad with the tips! way to make me proud and get up there and dance! i definitely would have done it...i've definitely got the BELLY to belly dance right now....but it might not be pretty! ha ha

Em said...

Poor little Liam...you'll have to keep us posted on how he's doing. I would hate always having a runny nose. Blah.

That picture of your dad totally cracks me up. Classic. You guys always do such fun things! We still need to plan a time to have our Christmas party with friends. We definitely need to catch up!

Diane Wright said...

The crazy Anderton Clan. I'm glad you have Ingrid to make you even more crazy. I was wondering if I did a belly dance could I get some tips. I could use the money. I would love to wear the outfits too. Liam, keep breating kid. I love you and I can't wait for you to get those tonsils out. I love your smile. Love you all, grandma diane.

Rebecca said...

That's so funny. If I had money, I would have tipped you. =)

Mom A said...

Mindy,
Jon's nose was always running just like Liam's--two big green ropes-- until he was 2 1/2 yrs. The doctor finally agreed to take out his adenoids and it was a MIRACLE. His nose stopped running overnight and he turned into a happy little boy. Tonsils came out post-mission and that was NOT fun.