Wednesday, December 3, 2008

That and This

Yeah! I had the privilege to take Meg's boys and Ruby to the Nutcracker at WSU. It was put on by Ballet West.? Anyway- a GREAT, very professional performance. Dex won free tickets from school and since Meg had Owen, she let ME take them. I was wanting to go anyway this season but decided against it cuz they were 18$ a ticket for the nose bleed section. I enjoyed it more than the kids I'm sure...but they did really well to sit thru 2+ hours of dancing and Ruby was impressed with a 'movie that was real'.
It did get a little crazy at the end, I wished I'd brought more bribery foods. They got just a wee bit restless...
And Megan stayed at MY house while we went, since Liam was asleep... what a great sister!!! This is what I came home too...a quiet little house with everyone snoring.
THANKSgiving Day......involved a kid craft...
A little football...
Dad carving the roast beast...(and Jared P. watching Simpsons of course,... gag)
A little lovin...
and the famous 'swing shot'...
Ruby passed out looking at herself in the mirror the following day...I sent her in my room to go 'check out her hair' and came in to find this 5 min. later...what a crack up...
We saw the tree lighting at Gateway Mall the next night with Marty's family. Jon Schmidt was there live to perform (though we only saw the last number) he is an incredible pianist/performer...excitement filled the air...for all ages...(like daughter, like father)
Ruby was a little nervous for Mr. C., and on the way home she exclaimed-"Mom/Dad I forgot to tell Santa about the pedals! I just said a bike!" It's alright Rube, most bikes come with the pedals attached...dear girl.

9 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Your holiday season sure is starting off jolly and filled with family memories!

Rosie said...

I swear you have the most precious family. I love seeing the pictures. You guys are also one of the most active families around - too fun!

Kim said...

Aaww! Miss you guys so much! Love the update and all the great photos! Happy Holidays! Hope to see you soon...

The Close's Place said...

I think you should get her the bike and remove the pedals...Hehe

Sure miss you guys, just got your super cute Christmas card. Thanks for thinking of us.

Em said...

OH my gosh, Mindy. Such fun pictures. I want a coat just like Ruby's. Serious.

Rebecca said...

What's wrong with The Simpsons? And that is such a funny picture of Ruby on the floor. She must have just been so exhausted at her extreme beauty.

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Palmer Paradise said...

Sounds like you guys have done a lot of fun things. THat is a cute picture of ruby on Santa Clauses lap.Fun

Becca said...

Okay, seriously? I am sitting here all alone on my bed in a silent house with my laptop and I see that picture of Ruby passed out on the floor and I BUST UP LAUGHING out loud! Why is that so funny to me? I looks like a crime scene! It just cracks me up how kids can do stuff like that. She seems like the most adorable funny little girl. Oh, and the pedals comment is too cute. Don't you love when they say stuff like that? Good times...

Anica said...

I haven't been to the Nutcracker forever. That sounds like tons of fun. Looks like you guys are off to a great start this holiday season! You're kids are darling!