Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Running out of Toilet Paper...

QUITE LITERALLY......how many times can a nose be wiped/suctioned!?

not on this girl though, she prefers the lick....makes my tummy turn...I keep telling her how disgusting it is...but to no avail...when I'm around it does get wiped.
Ruby's had this funky thing on her elbow for several weeks now...is it ringworm? is it eczema?...doctor asks the same question...so we're treating it for both...what's up with our household.?
We had the coolest experience a couple weeks ago, my Uncle had found a bunch of family names that he'd been searching for, forever. We went as a extended family to the Bountiful Temple to perform endowments and sealings for them. It was awesome to say the least. My grandparents were in the sealing room with us and that will probably be the only time I'll ever experience that. It was soooo spiritual and amazing. All of my siblings(close by) were there and their spouses and alot of my cousins/spouses and all of my Aunts and Uncles on that side. We were all in the sealing room together...afterwards we went out to eat in Bountiful..all of us...it was such a cool experience, I'm so grateful for such a strong/loving family...here are a bunch of pics of most everyone there...wish we'd gotten a pic in front of the Temple...
Sledding is so much fun....we found the perfect size hill for Ruby and her cousin Brooks.... it is right by my house too...they had a blast, as did I.
Ruby could even pull her own sled up the hill, which is a huge deal...

Liam went down with me a couple times, confusion- on if it was thrilling or shocking to him...



making love...out of nothing at all...

12 comments:

Katie said...

A few comments:

#1 what an awesome temple experience...loved the pics
#2 Love the sledding pics
#3 Heard you rocked the indoor soccer thing...Karen said you look awesome...maybe you could share how you do it on your blog...she had quite a few battle bruises on her knee...probably a good thing I wasn't there to kill myself...i'll be there next time cheering with signs that have "bubble letters"

Kim said...

Looks like my household...Kailey had some weird rash last month too...treated it with medicated hyrdo-something cream. I hope you get better. Bree has been so sick with yuckiness too! I am soooo ready for spring! Love all the pics and thanks for sharing about your experience!

cheeks said...

Wow, that nose is pretty sad Liam. Poor guy! Hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Oh, i wish we could have been there for the temple trip. AWESOME!

We finally got some snow out here today...we even had a SNOW DAY! NO school or work for me and brett today! It was so great! Too bad there aren't really any hills around here to play on!

So, i just read a previous comment...are you playing indoor soccer? Brie has a team...i should tell her to call you to play!

Becca said...

Mind~
I hear you with the nose thing...Greta was exactly like that forever! I think I told you she got her tonsils/adenoids out and it has been a major improvement. Not endorsing anything...just sympathizing. :) The temple experience sounds awesome...seriously you have such a great family. Okay, and the pics of your kids in the snow are awesome. Love the one of Liam sitting on the sled like a cute little "not sure if I like this" rugrat. :) I especially appreciated the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" reference...why am I flashing back to high school dances and boys with WAY too much cologne on????

The Close's Place said...

Man that is one serious post. How are people suppose to comment on so many subjects.
Love your snowman:)

Palmer Paradise said...

Mindy,
I almost threw up to see those pictures of Liam and Ruby's noses. Disgusting. Hey I want those pictures from the temple. I had my camera but didn't take any for some reason. Love ya

Diane Wright said...

1. Poor Liam, really
2. Poor Ruby - what did the doctor say?
3. I love your family. They are wonderful. I think the Celestial Kingdom will be like your family.
4. What indoor soccor?
5. You make the best snowmen. You know how I love snowmen. I wonder why?
6. I love that picture of your sister and her husband. I should know which sister she is, but I don't.

Karen said...

Found you! I love all the pics, mostly the last one, so cute. I'm glad you had such an awesome temple experience. Sorry about all the sickies though, glad you're all doing better now.

Em said...

Haha...I'm sorry, I'm still laughing at Becca's "too much cologne" comment. Haha! Was that true or what?

Anyway, you always take so many creative pictures! I love Liam/Ruby's snowsuits and snowmen. How fun. And that was such a sweet story about the temple. We truly are blessed to live so close to temples and to have the families we have, aren't we?

Primus Six said...

Hi Mindy! Love the snot pictures. Mmmm! Your kids are adorable. Great snow men too!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the snowsuits. Poor Liam's nose. Will it ever stop running? Ever?

The Gilson Family said...

Liams nose wouldn't be as bad but you used to make fun of our boys so now you are jinxed!!!