Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello 2009!

new years eve fun....a group of us got together to celebrate... I'm not really pregnant...it was a balloon...Charlie's angels?...nah....Liam is officially still NOT walking....16 months and counting...should I be worried, not necessarily about his delayed abilities but more so about his attitude... he couldn't care less it seems...we were thinking this new toy for christmas would help him have a desire? ...um, no
my family had a christmas party on new years day since it was our OFF year, we played games at the church....okay so WHO KNEW I had such an amazing husband when it came to the LIMBO...wow
this wasn't even the lowest setting, he succeeded at one more lower than this...even the nieces and nephews weren't able to do it...seriously the next party I go to -we are playing this game, ya'all need to witness this and plus it's funny to see everyone try.We played this really creative race -guys against girls- and each team had to wrap up one of the kids with 2 rolls of toilet paper and then add the scarf, mittens and hat to look like a snowman...it was hilarious...My mom had sewed these teepee's together over the last month-many hours of labor...they were all hiding behind the acordian doors at the church, so after the games and such they announced that there was a surprise and my dad pulled the doors open to this....it was so great the kids all squealed with delight and went running to pick out the teepee of their choice...what a fun gift, then we all got a bag of books and a lantern/flashlight to enjoy inside...it's always a loud/chaotic night it seems when we all get-together...could this be the reason...? these babes are all under 15 months and that doesn't include the new addition to our family -Sawyer, who couldn't be there because he was still in the hospital...Speaking of babes I was thinking about how much of a reward motherhood is...I am soooo blessed to have 2 healthy wonderful kids...all you mom's out there can agree that they are the cause of your most frustrating, head-pounding, hair-pulling, voice-raising (okay I'll just say it-Yelling...) days; but also the cause of the most joyful, heartswelling, precious moments...there is NOTHING more special to me than the relationship I get to observe between Ruby and Liam-seriously nothing is sweeter...what would I do without one or the other...

13 comments:

Kim said...

Man girl, when you post - you POST! I love it though! Looks like you are all carrying on there without me...sniff sniff. I miss you all! And WOW - is Marty flexible or what!??? Hey, did you find an elliptical yet? :) Talk to you soon!

Rosie said...

I love your posts! how fun is your family? I can't get over how many fun ideas you guys have. the teepee thing was fantastic. Happy new year to you guys!!

Rosie said...

oh by the way. Jack didn't start walking until 18 mos. he was just spurred on by his younger cousin Ellie. once he saw her - he was not to be outdone :) Liam will totally catch up!

Em said...

Your family really is so creative. Those Teepee's are so cute.

I wouldn't worry (too much, anyway) about him not walking yet. My nephew didn't walk until he was almost 2. I know that probably doesn't make you feel much better, but I think it's more normal than we think. I'm just like you, though. I worry about Ava developing at the right pace. I'm sure he's fine. Happy New Year! Love ya.

Diane Wright said...

OOhhhh!!! how I miss you guys. Sharon is so fun. What a fun idea those TEe PEes are. I can't get over how fun your family is. You are right, there is no better time than mommy time. The biggest regret I have is not paying more attention. Looking right into their faces when they talked to me and listening forever when they went on and on about their trucks and cars. Really, it's the best time. You are such a great Mom. Ruby and Liam are sooooo lucky. Love you so much!!!!

Katie said...

That Tee Pee (weird word to spell) freaking rocks! Can I put in my order for one?! OR maybe even a pattern...

AND it looks like the friend lunch was fun...next time I'll be there. :)

Jarrett Family said...

Go Marty go!! That is awesome! I wouldn't have guess he was that flexible. How awsome and fun are those teepees! Your mom must have put alot of work into those. They look like so much fun. Got to love being a mom! Kids are the best!

cheeks said...

OH! The teepees turned out so dang cute! Your mom worked hard on those things! I'm sad we weren't there to witness the kids screaming....and marty doin the limbo! that really takes some talent! We love you guys!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE that last picture. Ruby and Liam are the sweetest things EVER.

Why is your family so cool playing games like that? We need to do that kind of stuff!

Nichole said...

Love the tee pee's...so your family is so big you meet at the church..we have done that before too. You guys are so cute!

Katie said...

It breaks my heart to not be able to play soccer anymore BUT I love that you are thinking of me. That bird watching comment cracked me up. Right now I am working on focusing on my abilities and not getting down about what I can't do...am I really leaving this as a comment on your blog?! Anyway, who knows with the whole soccer thing...maybe one day. I think my sister Karen could still pull it off though...she was a division I athlete, you know. :) AND she just weaned her little guy...TMI? She is also living in your neck of the woods...I'll come watch!

The Gilson Family said...

you guys are totally in the cool group in the SO4.

Paige said...

Looks like you had a great holiday season!! I love holidays and traditions and family and the whole MONTH of fun, planned, exciting CAOS!! you're kids are darling!!