Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 MONTHS & pudging

My little Carlito is 2 months old! He weighed in today at 13 and 1/2 pounds! Yay. What a little chunkers. 90th % in weight and 60th % in height...we have never known a kid to be on the charts before. We'll see if it lasts!
This is what I sing to him as he eats... Chug it down, chug it down ...WAAAYY down!Align CenterI figured that 8 weeks is kind of a magic number in newbornhood. It is about when they start sleeping through the night, when they start smiling and cooing, when they are 'less' gassy, when they respond to your face and voice and when they can hold their heads up pretty well on their own....AND you as a mom start to feel just a wee bit more like yourself and a bit more likeable.! Okay my jeans aren't fitting just right yet but hey it's my third kid, right? I'm entitled to a little extra time to get in shape. ha ha

8 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Oh the chubbiness! He is so cute!

cheeks said...

carlito?? what the?!?!? and you were worried about the names people would come up with! ha!

what a chunk! i love that you finally have a babe on the charts! oh, i just want to squeeze him! thanks for posting pics! love em!

Diane Wright said...

Great pictures!! Are Charly's eyes brown? OHHH, I long to hold him and feel his softness and smell his babyness. I love you Charly...

Rick and Angie said...

He is so so cute Mindy - K I got the pattern on a website. http://www.vanillajoy.com/how-to-boppy-cover.html

It was really easy. The first one took me about an hour - I used a zipper. So Simple. If you have questions ask - the fabric and zipper cost me close to 6 bucks at Hobby Lobby. :0) And I know you took sewing at Morgan (who didn't). I'm not a crafty person by any means - but basic sewing skills is all that is required. Good Luck - can't wait to see it!!!

Rick and Angie said...

Oh and just buy 1 yard of fabric.

Rick and Angie said...

Oh - sorry...one more thing. I used a 22 in zipper and not a 24 inch - like the instructions say.

Katie said...

What a DANG cute baby! Personally I LOVE chunky babies! So glad to hear that your getting more sleep...for me that's the hardest part.

Echo and Matt said...

He is soooooooooooo cute. 8 weeks is a great time, except none of my kids slept thru the night that early, count your blessings.