Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We've got a 5 year old on our hands!

What would I do without an older sibling to help with this little chunkers.

Just call her the 'get the baby to sleep' pro...

Rube's got spoiled with lots of celebrations this year for her birthday. One with my family and ALL her little cousins.
On her 'actual' birthday.....for breakfast in bed she wanted 'monkey bread and grapefruit. What a combo!
Then the night of her big day, Grandma Diane flew in from Cali and spent several days with us!
Her friend Xander (in the middle) is only 6 months older than she. This is what happens when two tall people fall in love and Ruby is what happens when two short people fall in love....quite opposites!
Grandma Diane toughed out the craziness at McDonalds...so glad to have her there. It was sooo great to have the visit! Thanks, we love you...
And to top it off .... can you get over this 'can-can' skirt she made for Rube's birthday!?... no, knitting is NOT her only talent apparently.! To buy the pattern for this you can go here . This blog is AMAZING and has so many crafty things to make...

10 comments:

Rick and Angie said...

What an adorable 5 year old!! That skirt is seriously so cute!! When I get some extra time (you think I'll get some?) I'll have to visit that link and make one. Seriously it's adorable!! Love the colors too.

Katie said...

I love that blog...and especially that skirt. Wow, I can't believe Ruby is 5 already. Time flies.

cheeks said...

it really seems impossible to me that she is already 5...i always picture the kiddos the age they were when i joined the fam...and she was just a few months! what a cute little fam you have! the easter slump pics are hilarious! i love liams hair...he i so handsome! charlie is adorable....i just want to squeeze the little chunk! and ruby....i really can't believe her friend is that tall! she looks so tiny next to him! gma diane is amazing! i love that cancan skirt....i'm half tempted to try one for E! we sure miss you guys!

The Close's Place said...

Diane is amazing, between all the things she's made for Amy's girls and for your kids. I'm completely jealous.

Palmer Paradise said...

So cute. Ruby's skirt is so adorable. I also love the easter pictures. They all look so cute. Your kids are beautiful. I am glad Ruby had such a fun stretched birthday. Love ya.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Ruby! I can't believe how much I see of you in her beautiful face! She is so cute! Glad to see ya posting again...its so hard to keep in touch!

Keri said...

Love it all. I can't believe Ruby is 5 and I had NO idea Xander was that close in age! Wow!!! Liam looks so old in those Easter pics. Happy Bday to your princess!

Mary Kelly said...

Is she really 5!? I remember her looking over the back of the church pews and enchanting everyone sitting behind your family when she was like 8 months old. Happy Birthday Miss Ruby.
And I love the Easter pictures- it really is impossible to get a good shot of kids together. But good thing they are cute even if they aren't all looking and smiling at the same time.

Mary Kelly said...

Is she really 5!? I remember her looking over the back of the church pews and enchanting everyone sitting behind your family when she was like 8 months old. Happy Birthday Miss Ruby.
And I love the Easter pictures- it really is impossible to get a good shot of kids together. But good thing they are cute even if they aren't all looking and smiling at the same time.

Katie said...

That has got to be nice to have a girl to help with some of the mothering. :) I would teach that girl some cleaning skills ASAP...Is there a recommended age? Looks like Rubes (can i call her Rubes?) brought in the number 5 with style. You have such cute kiddos!!