Sunday, September 5, 2010

1st's and 2nd's ...

Our second half-marathon. Don't know if I'd ever do a full. A half is perfect,- challenging but not too over whelming .

We did the Top of Utah in Logan. It was beautiful and perfect weather! Loved it. Marty and I ran together the whole way. We decided there are 4 types of people (women) in a race like that. A. the beauty runners- the ones in the pink matching running gear with makeup and diamond studded earrings. They like to look good while running. B. the real racers- they wear all the appropriate/ latest style attire with water attached to their butt and the energy goo's and the GPS watches etc. They trained right and are trying to reach a certain goal. C. the jocks- they wear baggy t-shirts with loose-long shorts that look like their brothers, hair pulled back in just a straight ponytail, shoes worn out- old, have a certain jock running stride, you can just tell they played basketball, volleyball and every other type of ball. D. the amateurs - their very first run ever, wearing whatever and however and are just happy to finish the race at any sort of time. What type are you?

5 comments:

cheeks said...

rubes looks soooo grown up! how did that happen?! congrats on your 1/2....i didn't know you were even running it! sorry, i'm a bad sister! so....what runner are you?! B? you look professional! i love charlie's exercise poses...and those ROLLS! Oooooh, i want to squish them!!

Diane Wright said...

The question is, what type are you? I'm thinking B. I'm really proud of you both because I know what kind of a day you had. That you ran anyway says it all. Charly still looks like a miniture sumo. I just want him here now. I need his sweet smile and hugs.

Palmer Paradise said...

Congrats on the run again. I love ruby's hello kitty outfit. Charlie is just so adorable what else needs to be said.

Karen said...

I'm probaly a "C" or "D". Any hoo, CONGRATS on the run, I think that's awesome. Clint and I are talking about doing it next year.

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Congrats to both of you on the run! And by the way, I am in love with Charlie's legs....they are so chunky and cute!!!