Friday, October 22, 2010

Sweets

We made applesauce at my mom's the other day.  It was so sweet and yummy.  I love the smell of canning applesauce.And then (at their request) my mom fed the kids blueberry pancakes for LUNCH...right in the middle of stewing tomatoes and apples!  Talk about the love of a Grandma!


I had the chance to get together with my sweet, dear high school friends.  It is amazing that we still have this bond.  It's so nice to have people that you have known from the 'beginning'.  We talked about movies, books, kids, parenting, babies, shaving (the do's and don't's), hair (a trick I learned recently, baby powder OR better yet dry shampoo-you can buy at the beauty salon-lets you go one or two extra days without a hair wash!), food, health, Obama, the fear of raising kids in the world today, pregnancy, when to give a kid the sex talk, work, memories, etc... btw, Tash-how do you have not an ounce of makeup on and still look as beautiful as the rest of them!  Natural beauty - a wonderful thing I presume.


No comments: