Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the smell of garlic...

As soon as we drove into the Gilroy California area...(even with the windows rolled up) GARLIC filled our nostrils.  I love the nostalgic feeling of driving 'home'.
 (my adopted home-Marty's real home)

The {9} hour drive!  Kids were decent. 
Can't really complain about them...I just had a hard time- I hate driving!

Finally at GRANDMAS house!  Charlie got a
 kick out of Anthony(my nephew)...they were little buds:)

We went to Phil's Fish Market (sits right on the coast) on Wednesday....YUM.
{real seafood, says Marty}

It is always a 'treat' to eat here.  I ordered the wrong thing (of course) and salivated over everyone else's food.  Raquel let me eat some of her 'seafood sliders' - SO good.

Then of course we hit the beach next...what a gorgeous day! 
 It was perfect weather.

{Brothers}


So relaxing.  I wish I could live on the coastline...
except for all the sand I'd find in my kids' crevices:)

A little sea crab...


Time to go...
Thanksgiving day was spent with Grandpa Lee and Merry at the
Monterey Bay Aquarium...


Yes, Liam almost dove-in to reach the sting ray's...he wanted to touch one so bad...he finally did but to the expense of his shirt sleeve!
The kids loved their Grandpa time!
We ate our Thanksgiving feast at a seafood place in Monterey...I had a salmon sandwich w/sweet potato fries....hmmm

Ruby lost her first tooth on Thanksgiving!!!!  YAY.
  She's been wanting to lose a tooth for months now...it finally came true.
On Friday, we ate the 'real' feast with everyone at Raquels house.
(we couldn't on Thursday cuz they were with their 'other' family)

I cut out Kim's beautiful face!  The little one's ate in the other room.

More signs that we need to get a dog....Charlie was in heaven with this thing!

These two were a riot.  Always stripping down.  They did a small performance for Thanksgiving.  Pilgrims and Indians. 
I love their sleeping pics...too funny.  They did great on the floor each night.  Grandma made us steeled oats in the mornings...my new fav.

Beautiful hike to Uvas on Saturday. 

My sis-in-laws! Love them, I am so lucky. We missed you Echo and Becca.

This place was incredible.

Back at Raquels...

What a beautiful sunset

I hate when it's our last night...:(

Best way to end the trip.  A lizard caught at Grandpas!


 And best way to end this post is with the best recipe ever...for an appetizer/snack

Cranberry Dip

2 blocks cream cheese

1 cup sugar
1 cup cranberries (chopped finely)
3 green onions (chopped)
2 T cilantro (chopped)
1 -2 jalapenos (chopped finely)


Mix the cranberries and sugar. Let sit while you chop and mix all the green ingredients.
Gently stir the green ingredients with the cranberry mix. Place the cream cheese on a plate or platter. Pour the dip over the cream cheese and garish with a little chopped cilantro.


Dip with crackers or baguette bread.  I like with Wheat Thins:)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! I love the scenery, so pretty! And speaking of pretty, you look gorgeous in all your pictures! It was nice to see you the other day!!

Karen said...

All your pics look so great! You are looking beautiful BTW. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and it looks like you are all enjoying the warmer weather down south.

We would like to send you a Christmas card, but I need your addy. if you could e-mail it to me that would be great, my e-mail is Karen_clintwillis@yahoo.com