Friday, June 29, 2012

toothless dragon eats apricots...

so the snaggle tooth finally came out!!  Liam hit her in the mouth while fighting with her -(they never hit btw, we have a perfect, peaceful home)  and it knocked her tooth out!  instead of getting mad at Liam for hitting, i said -GOOD JOB BUDDY you finally did it!! 

we went up to 'UTAH' for fathers day and so I could work 3 days in a row
at my brother-in-law's dental office
 (3 days killed me! i forgot what its like to work like that!)
  top: all the 'dads' with their new gloves
 bottom: and all the girly's with my sweet daddy
what a beautiful place to be in the summer...my parents yard-love it. and i love my dad.

{grandkids giving their homemade cards}

it worked out that Marty's sista' Raquel was in salt lake for a couple days
 while we were up there.
so we met up with her at the zoo...

beautiful, tall becca: short, stumpy me and raquel:)  ha!
the fan blowing mist....me and my nephew jeremy could not get enough.
although the heat was mild and nice compared to down south.


gorgeous baby-Jemma and momma ingrid.
love precious babies.
ingrid is the woman and does all her labors natural.
usually they are fast but this one lasted alot longer.
she was a brute and incredible. my hero.

the kids got to sleep out in my parents new camper with their cousins
talk about overdrive on their adrenaline.
they about exploded with excitement.
apricot leather: first step to pick the cots...
from our neighbors yard.
 our neighbors are so great to always share their produce secrets of gardening!


next step :  wash and pit the cots
pitting is easy just pull apart, no peeling necessary
then put 8 cups of cots (halved), a near 1/2 cup honey, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp allspice
any combo of spices that sounds good will work.  i didn't have allspice so used cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
blend in vita mix blender or in batches in your food chopper till smooth and liquified.
blot cookie sheet with a little water then lay saran wrap over to cover
pour 2 to 2.5 cups on pan and spread evenly, put out on table in hot weather
takes 24 hours to dry and wal-lah! 
roll-up fruit leather using the saran as you roll.
SO YUMMY, and healthy, and CHEAP!
my kids eat it like its candy.

1 comment:

Diane Wright said...

THAT WAS A REALLY FUN POST. YOU ARE HAVING A BUSY/FUN SUMMER. I WANT TO BE THERE. MY FAVORITE PICTURE...THE ONE OF ALL THE KIDS LOOKING OVER GRANDPA'S SHOULDER AS HE READS THEIR CARDS. LOVE THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES.