Tuesday, February 1, 2011

20 day countdown...


We won an all-inclusive (paid-for) cruise thru an advertising company Marty used for his business ... SO, I got 20 days until our cruise.  This is what I looked like over 13 months ago.  SCARY.  Now I want to be bikini-ready in just 20 days.  Any tips.?  PLUS-We would still love if anyone could come on this cruise with us...any last minute-ers?  I'm trying to remember the do's and dont's of our last adventure on the Carnival...Not so great)- I was accidentally pregnant (SICK) and it sailed right during the swine flu blow-out so we didn't even make our 2nd of only 2 scheduled stops (in Ensenada).  Anyone been to Cabo San Lucas and have any DO's for us?  We are way excited.

On a serious note...I want to give a virtual hug to my dear friends April and Sean and their sweet little Zoe.  They are going thru a really tough time right now and are having to make a lot of tough decisions. Their faith and strength are AMAZING.  April started a blog here to keep us updated.  If you need someone to remember in your prayers, remember them.  I love you Fitzgeralds!!

11 comments:

Diane Wright said...

oh gosh, I forgot about that cruise. How long is the cruise for? Where are you leaving from? As far as bikini ready, girl the last time I saw you, you were ready. I'm so excited for you. Can the kids come stay with us????

cheeks said...

ummmmm.....LUCKY!!!!!!!!!! how fun, AND in the dead of winter it will be nice to go somewhere with some sunshine! So, you can't post pics of you 9 mos pregnant, hello ...because that was over a year ago and you look soooo freakin good right now! i'd give anything to wear a bikini in your body right now! Sadly, i'm the one looking like those pics you posted! haha! have so much fun!!

Mindy and Marty said...

Um, i've gained like 5 or 6 pounds since i stopped nursing and that can really puts a downer on things. i went from 1_2 to 1_7. I am wanting to shed those pounds off again. but how? AND Jami don't even start with the killer body. you have it- even pregnant!!! always have , always will. and pLEaSE -seeing someone in clothes is NOT the same as seeing them in a swim suit!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Ah, I am so jealous!!! Soak up some sun for me please!

Rick and Angie said...

I'm doing HCG. I finished nursing 3 weeks ago and started. I've lost 16 lbs so far. I still got 7 more till I'm back to my pre-prego weight. It's a difficult diet, but it does shed lbs quickly!! Talk to Josh.

cheeks said...

mindy.....you will look fabulous no matter what!! !! love you!! just do some light arm weights and pilates....a fast easy way to tone tummy and arms....i love toned arms :) i have some pilates dvds, do you want me to burn and send them to you?

Katie said...

a bikini?! aren't you the young women's leader or something? I think you should be setting the example. Plus I thought you dressed like a middle easterner to avoid the harsh UV rays...i remember the pic on that post...geez wasn't that like 2 years ago...i'm amazed at my memory. Enjoy your cruise! (i was wondering your secret to skinniness...breastfeeding. i hope it kicks in for me) maybe i should stop eating carmel popcorn.

so anyway your the first to mention my grandparents on my blog. love your comments btw. And yes, Kristen was called little Rhea all growing up. i am so telling her that you noticed. :)

Mindy and Marty said...

OH please Katie...bikini's are for the birds...and 15 yr. olds who haven't even thought of getting pregnant (hopefully) and expanding their curves...i will most likely be wearing a wetsuit...1.for my bod 2. for my cancer. Yes, and tell Karen she is a REPLICA...

Mindy and Marty said...

i meant KRISTEN...what the? my mind is going out...

Final Approach said...

Mindy...


LOL.... I brought up your blog and looked at your picture. I was real confused! I must admit, I can't keep up with all my nephews and nieces as there family grows (I never know who is pregnant or not), but I could have SWORN that you were not in this condition when I saw you a week ago.... Then I read the blog. LOL LOL LOL....

Have fun on your criuse!!!

Rod

Katie said...

I must admit that I am relieved for the young women of the 118th Ward of Ogden...ok I'll give it a rest. :)

I still think you could rock a bikini...although i haven't seen the stretch markage...could you post pics of those next? (for reals)

P.S. are you playing indoor?