Thursday, August 4, 2011

Waiting Game...

This is the smile I should have on my face.... but it's hard to keep it this way.  We took our van into the repair shop in Ogden while we were up North over the 4th of July weekend and it's still there! Marty and I borrowed my Mom's car to come back to St. George while it was being fixed and thought we'd only have to borrow it for a week tops.  Well 3 weeks later we drove it back up to Morgan on a Sunday afternoon because our van was 'supposed' to be done on Tuesday.  The evening of that Tuesday we call and it gets pushed back to the weekend.  Marty decides he can't wait it out so he takes the shuttle from Salt Lake back home.  I stay with the kids thinking that a couple of days won't be bad and we can probably stay with the 2 pair of underwear and clothes we'd packed.!  Well it's now been almost 2 weeks and we are still here!  We plan to head back Saturday-van ready or not! (if not ready we are going to borrow my grandma's car-a 2002 Toyota Avalon which surprisingly fits 3 car seats in the back row)  Granted it is a huge repair...a new engine was put in...but this has been a tough waiting game-one I never want to play again.  aghh!  I hate cars...we've probably spent over 4000 in the last 8 months on car repairs!  On this specific engine replacement we have a secret santa helping us with the cost-(trade thru his company.)  I can't begin to express our gratitude for that and only pray we can pay it forward one day soon.  Without this person's help we'd have just driven it off a cliff-because add 1800 to  the 4000 we've already spent on cars, it equals=bankrupt. And although my husband is really good at doing those...we don't want to file our own!

So besides being in 'limbo'...we've had a pretty good time.  Before Marty took the shuttle back we went to a water park with my sisters and their families and my Mom and Dad.  Marty is trying so hard to get this ornery child to sleep!  He's doing the pat-pat , bounce-bounce, if you couldn't tell.

Finally!  Children are so sweet when snoozing...why can't we feel that way about them all the time?

Sleeping arrangements are always different when visiting family.  My Mom is a great hostess and she and my Dad put up with alot!  Ruby and Liam had lots of snugly naps! 

She better not have a twitch - or that knee is going to knock some teeth loose!
So great to see some friends while in town!  Thanks girlies for meeting up with me and JoAnn who had to leave early...you guys rock.

Don't mind I had to keep wearing the same thing...get over it, I DID wash things.  I love these two long time friends.  I wish the very best for them in their day to day struggles.  I count my blessings for good friends.  It's such a needed part of life.

I was able to participate in the Morgan Marathon while in town.!  I didn't run the 26 miles...don't get excited.  But the race was fun and my whole family that lives in Morgan was involved and it was great to be with them.  Such a pretty morning to run!  Jami (my sis in law) let me take her spot in the race cuz they went out of town.  Although no pics to prove it, we had a great time with Jami and Brett who are living with my parents for a time.  Late night ice cream runs!  And just hanging out with them-they are probably ready for us to leave but we've loved seeing them more.!  Jami also let me borrow some clothes cuz she was sick of seeing my same blue shirt!  ha!  Thanks girl!

Girls night -wahoo!  Always needed...and Trisha is always one to throw a party!  Love her.
My kids died over all the cousin time they were able to squeeze in!  I dolled these girls up one day in curlers, lipstick and nail polish...no end result pic though; my camera died and obviously I didn't think to pack a charger for a "2 night" stay at Grandmas~! ha!  We miss you baby!  We'll be home soon, don't let St. George forget us!

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Mindy this is so cute!! I love the cousin pics. Jodi used to live as sand hollow as well. Love that place!! I can't believe your Momma did that for you guys. She must not have inherited that cheap gene "some" of the Wilson's have! Hope you had a great birthday!! Love your guts.

Kim said...

Oh my gosh...I love, love, love the pics of Ruby and Liam sleeping! They are hilarious!

Heather said...

Holy Crap! That totally sucks! I'm way sorry for you. I also HATE car trouble. Our stupid air conditioner just went out:) Your story sounds too crazy to be true, it sounds like a movie (comedy/horror). I'm glad that Jami was able to lend you some clothes and can I just say: I'm jealous cause she's so skinny I can't imagine fitting into her clothes and now I'm more mad that you are skinny enough to fit in them:) Good luck, Let me know if I can do anything for you!!!

Diane Wright said...

I got a little ache in my heart thinking about all you have been through, but I know one day you will look back at this as a "Remember when" time and you will remember that you made it through gracefully and wasn't that fun staying at Morgan. It does look like you are having a great time there. I'm looking forward to my stay at Morgan. It seems to be the happening place. Tell Nyla to get ready to visit me. Hope you can go home soon.

Mindy and Marty said...

for the record heather...jami is 100% skinnier than me still...she is a stick! i squeeze into her clothes and look like a beached whale. but it was better than the same blue shirt! so don't be mad at me please. AND bridget it actually wasn't my mom and dad that acted as our secret santa...

Jennifer and Tyler said...

Hey Mindy! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, you are too kind! I would love to come to george and run a race with ya! if only I could get into the marathon again! I'll try next year for that one! lessons anytime, not that you were asking and not that I'm an expert :) good to see you're having fun while in town!

cheeks said...

oh man i'm laughing right now at all the craziness that happened in those 2 weeks (not including your van)... you forgot to add that there were 13 people in a house with NO WATER for a time! good times! thanks for finally taking that blue shirt off! lol! you can wear my clothes any time! And really...you and heather are both very sweet, but totally full of it!